Sunday, January 8, 2012

BUY. MY. ART. (I)

This week has been a decent art binge for me. I started off on Friday night, I decided to carve a woodblock print for the first time. I started off about 9 PM and had my first run of prints run off by 2 AM. Then on Saturday afternoon I had the idea to press some of this air-dry polymer clay I have into the woodcut and see how it turns out. I'm happy with it.

The design is based on a painting I did in 2010, titled "IA IA."  I regret to say I hadn't fully refined the design before I put it on canvas, so it is destined for another rendition. I had intended the tangle of tentacles to suggest a partially formed elder sign, but after I finished I realized that the suggestion was slightly lost in the rest of the design. I converged the nose lines into the tentacle lines with the woodcut and I'm much happier with it now, although I expect the next iteration to have yellow signs worked into the ends of the tentacles.

Ia Ia Artifact Wall Hanging by ~elCal on deviantART
If you are interested in owning this please contact me via email. I am asking $150 for the wall hanging, and $10 each for the second run woodcut prints (shipping included) First run prints are still availiable at $20, but supplies are very limited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment